Junior Globetrotter Contest
KOAM-TV & KFJX-TV
1. Saga Quad States Communications, LLC (KOAM-TV) and Surtsey Media LLC (KFJX-TV)—“the stations”--will be conducting the Junior Globetrotter Contest—“the Contest”--starting on or around January 18, 2013. No purchase is necessary to enter or win the contest.
2. All contestants must be must be: (a) 18 years of age or older as of January 18, 2013 and (b) a legal parent or guardian of a child age 6 to 12 years old.
3. This is an on-line contest which will begin with entries being accepted starting on or around January 18, 2013 by the following method: By completing an on-line registration at the stations websites: www.koamtv.com or www.fox14tv.com. The Entry must be received by 5:00pm Thursday, January 31, 2013 and include the following information: Adult contestant’s first and last name, 6 to 12 year old Child’s First and Last Name, child’s age, child’s sex, current Address, and day time phone number for parent or guardian. Entries received after the 5:00pm January 31, 2013 deadline will be disqualified.
4. The stations will randomly draw from a drum of qualified entries, received from both www.koamtv.com and www.fox14tv.com, which have been printed from on-line entries, to select two entries each bearing the name of one boy and one girl, two (2) winners total, and notify them on Friday, February 1, 2013. The two children will win the opportunity to sit on or near the Harlem Globetrotters team bench during the game. Each child receives (a) four (4) tickets to the Harlem Globetrotters game on Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at the Leggett and Platt Athletic Center on the campus of Missouri Southern State University, 3950 E. Newman Road, Joplin, Missouri, (b) an official Globetrotters t-shirt, (c) autographed souvenir basketball and, (d) meet and greet before taking the seats of honor.
5. The prize is awarded without warranty, express or implied, of any kind. Package is non-transferable.
6. By entering and/or accepting prize, Contest Entrants and Winners agree to hold the Stations and their promotional partners, members, directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless from liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse, or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion, or privacy.
7. No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of the Prize is permitted, except Stations reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of comparable or greater value should the Prize become unavailable.
8. One entry per person, per child. The adult Contestant may enter multiple children in the contest but may only enter each child one (1) time. Children’s names who have been entered more than once will be disqualified from the contest.
9. Odds of winning are based upon the number of on-line registrations, which cannot be determined at this time.
10. Contest void where prohibited.
11. Contestants must reside within the 14 County Designated Market Area (DMA) of the Joplin/Pittsburg DMA. Those counties include: In Kansas-Woodson, Allen, Bourbon, Wilson, Neosho, Crawford, Labette, & Cherokee Counties. In Missouri-Vernon, Barton, Jasper, Newton, & McDonald Counties. And In Oklahoma-Ottawa County.
12. Employees of Saga Quad States Communications, LLC; Franklin Communications, Inc.; Saga Broadcasting, LLC, Saga Communications, Inc., Surtsey Media, LLC, and their sponsors, subsidiaries or agents and their immediate families may not participate and are not eligible to win. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
13. Prize value is estimated at $252.00 based on prices of Harlem Globetrotters tickets using 1 courtside ($78) and 3 VIP ($43 each), souvenir basketball ($20) and t-shirt ($25) found at www.harlemglobetrotters.com. .
14. Adult Contestants and Prize winners agree to abide to the terms and conditions set forth by each participating sponsor attraction.
15. The Stations reserve the right to disqualify any contestant in the event that contest rules have been violated. All winners must sign a release acknowledging that either KOAM-TV / KFJX-TV has the right to, without further authorization, reasonably use the winner’s name, voice, photo (still or video), likeness and/or biographical information, and that the stations may use such for promotional purposes on-the-air without further financial remuneration. In addition, contest winners release Saga Quad States Communications, LLC and Surtsey Media LLC, their parent corporations, their officers, directors, stockholders and employees from any and all claims, liabilities and damages arising directly or indirectly from award or use of the prize.
16. All Prizes must be claimed within 30 days at KOAM-TV / KFJX-TV: 2950 NE Highway 69, Pittsburg, KS or 745 Rangeline, Joplin, MO, during regular business hours 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. This prize claim requirement may be waived when circumstances make it appropriate to do so and prizes and winner verification may be conducted via regular mail. Winners are required to present valid identification. All identification submitted to verify a winner is subject to verification and acceptance by the Stations at their sole discretion. Identification that is counterfeit, illegible, tampered with or otherwise altered will not be accepted. The stations can require presentation of an original birth certificate, passport, Social Security card, valid driver’s license or other identification to verify the winner’s identity. Only one winner per household, per family, for the duration of the Contest will be permitted. The winning Prize is non-transferable.
17. Failure to collect the Prize within the specified period constitutes forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited, the Prize will remain the property of the Stations, or the party supplying the Prize. Another winner will not be selected.
18. KOAM-TV / KFJX-TV reserve the right to alter the Contest rules and/or Contest dates at any time.
19. All decisions of KOAM-TV / KFJX-TV management regarding the Harlem Globetrotters Junior Globetrotter Contest are final.
20. In the event that the winner is subject to, or the subject of, any order of legal process issued by any government agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner,(e.g. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien and the like), Saga Quad States Communications LLC and Surtsey Media LLC delivery of the prize to the official government entity claiming right to the prize shall be entitled to rely in good faith upon any documents presented by the representatives seeking to collect the prizes in lieu of the winner. Saga Quad States Communications LLC and Surtsey Media LLC shall not be liable for any claim by winner for damage incidental thereto.
21. A copy of the rules is available at the stations main studios, 10 miles south of Pittsburg KS on Highway 69/160/400, and/or the Joplin studios, 745 Rangeline, during normal business hours, or on the website(s) at www.fox14tv.com or www.koamtv.com.
22. A list of all prize winners may be requested following the completion of the contest by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Junior Globetrotter, P.O. Box 659, Pittsburg, KS 66762-0659.
23. No cash redemptions or Prize substitutions will be allowed except at Stations’ sole discretion, which reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use are the sole responsibility of Winner. Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. All prize details are at Sponsor's sole discretion.
24. By entering or participating in this Contest, participants: (a) agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the stations & sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the contest; (b) agree that the Stations, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, representatives, divisions, suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies; and all of their respective members, officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively, "Released Parties") are not responsible for printing, typographical, human, distribution, production, or other errors of any kind that may occur in connection with the contest, including, without limitation, errors in connection with the administration of the contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any other contest related materials; (c) agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all injuries, claims, damages, or losses of any kind that arise from or are sustained directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, in connection with acceptance or use/misuse of prize or from participation in the contest; (d) by accepting the prize, winner agrees that the Stations and their designees may use winner's name, picture/portrait, likeness, and/or voice for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes, worldwide in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without notification, permission, or additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
25. The Stations reserve the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity of the Contest, as determined by the Stations in their sole discretion and, in event of cancellation, Stations reserve the right to award the Prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
26. Comments regarding this Contest should be submitted in writing, and within ninety (90) days of the completion of the contest, to: General Manager, Junior Globetrotters Contest, P.O. Box 659, Pittsburg, KS 66762-0659, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, or via telephone at 417.624.0233. Please be as specific as possible in your comments and include your name, address and daytime telephone number.
# # #